Recipe and photo creation: Nina Zorčič
Ingredients for 12 cookies:
- 80g of honey
- 25g of coconut sugar
- 200g of oatmeal (if you only have wholemeal or larger grains at home, I suggest you grind them a little further so that they are smaller and absorb the ingredients better)
- 20g of freeze-dried apples in cubes from Majini hrustljavčki
- 20g of coconut oil
- 60g of coconut milk (can also be any other unsweetened vegetable or plain milk)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (can be less, depending on how much you like cinnamon!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 50g of almond butter (without added oil, salt and sugar)
Melt coconut butter, honey and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once all the melts and ingredients are combined, reduce the heat to a low setting and add the oatmeal, lyophilized apples, cinnamon, vanilla and almond butter. Stir everything and heat on low heat for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Form cookies of the same size from the dough and, if desired, pour a little almond butter over them. If the mass sticks to your hands, moisten them slightly in the meantime and they will no longer stick. Repeat the process as many times as necessary.
Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour or even overnight, then they are ready to eat!
Isn't it quite simple? And let me tell you, they are really good. You have almost no excuse here why not try to make them today!